Below you will find all the contact information to contact the Caportigia Boutique Hotel. Our staff speaks fluent English, French and Spanish.
How to get to Siracusa
– from Catania: Siracusa is 72 km south of Catania. From Catania, take the SS114 / A18 south of Siracusa.
– from Agrigento: Siracusa is 210 km east of Agrigento. From Agrigento, take the SS115 coast to the bottom (3 h.). Or, for a slightly faster (but less scenic) inner route, take the AA640 east past Caltanisetta take the A19 motorway west of Enna; Follow that east to Catania, then go south on SS114 / A18 to Siracusa;
– from Ragusa: Siracusa is 80 east of Ragusa. From Ragusa, drop south onto SS194 Modica past the Sacred Heart, then east on the SS115 to Rossolini, where you can turn to the A18 north towards Siracusa;
– from Palermo: Siracusa is 260 km south-east of Palermo. From Palermo, take the A20 east towards the A19 towards Catania. Stay on the A19 across the center of Sicily, turning south on the outskirts of Catania on the A18 to Siracusa.
WHERE TO PARK IN SYRACUSE
If you arrive in Syracuse by car, you can stop for free near the hotel Caportigia. Being in the heart of the city and close to the island of Ortigia, the traffic is very intense and it can be difficult to find a free parking.
In any case, you can opt for two alternatives:
- Parking fee Molo S. Antonio (5 minutes walk from the hotel – cost of parking: € 1.00/hour)
- Parking fee Talete (cost of parking: € 1.00/ hour)
- Ask for our CAR VALET SERVICE (cost: € 25,00 per day from 07.00 to 22.00).
The train station is a 10-minute walk from the center of the Old Town. 2 daily intercity trains from continental Italy (Rome and Naples) continue from Messina via Catania to Siracusa. There are also several night trains from mainland Italy (Rome, Milan, Venice, Turin, Genoa and Bologna) to Siracusa.
Less frequent local trains connecting the capital with Noto, Modica, Ragusa and Gela. These trains from the firm ground connect through a small ship.
The nearest airport is Catania, which is about 45 minutes from the center of Siracusa. From Fontanarossa airport in Catania you can reach Siracusa by direct bus.
You also have the possibility to request our transfer service from / to the airport Fontanarossa Catania. Discover our OFFER STAY & TRANSFER